Miami Open 2020 Organisers Give an Update

Will Barty defend her title in Miami?

While the Indian Wells Open has been cancelled due to the outbreak of coronavirus, Miami Open organisers have said their tournament will be going on as planned.

In a statement released by the Miami Open organisers said the tournament will be played as scheduled. The statement said:

“The 2020 Miami Open is moving forward as scheduled, March 23-April 4. Safety remains a top priority, and we are monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely with local, state and federal officials and health organisations in the lead up to the tournament.”

“In addition we are working with the ATP and WTA tours on recommended best practices and following CDC (Centers for Disease Control) guidelines closely to provide a safe environment for fans, players and staff.”

The Miami Open is scheduled to begin on March 23 this year and will go on till April 5.

Interestingly, this press release comes at a time when a few other public events like the Ultra Music Festival in Miami have been called off because of the health scare. Earlier this week, the Indian Wells Open organisers announced the tournament was called off while French Open has released a statement saying things were going on as scheduled in Roland-Garros.

The ATP chairman Andrea Gaudenzi also released a statement saying they are monitoring the situation closely, and the men’s tennis schedule after the Indian Wells Masters is expected to remain as is for now.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.